Monday 15 June 2009

View Points - Council Leader Rodney Berman


This is a recent letter from Cardiff Council leader Rodney Berman to the Echo's View Points.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I should like to pay tribute to the members of the "Save the Vulcan" campaign group for the hard work they have put in and maintained over a period of many months promoting their cause. I'd also like to thank the Echo for its part in publicising the campaign throughout. Without the efforts of both, it would undoubtedly not have been easy for me and my colleagues on Cardiff Council to persuade all the parties involved – the site's owner Derek Rapport, Brains Brewery, the St David's Partnership and the John Lewis Partnership – to work together to secure a solution.

I am delighted that a new three-year lease for the Vulcan has now been agreed and I sincerely hope all those concerned will now carry on working towards an even longer-term reprieve for the pub.

Thanks to the efforts of all concerned a piece of Cardiff's history will remain in place. This is very much a victory for "people power".

Yours sincerely,

Rodney Berman
Lib Dem Leader of Cardiff Council

No comments: